Thursday, April 7, 2016

I'm a green building



I balance the internal biological clock in humans, increase healing times in hospitals, improve workplace productivity, fight depression and increase sales, I also inspire...I do this by encouraging views to the outside world that optimize the amount of natural daylight that can access me. These views are sure to be beautiful because I have planted native plants to repair and protect the environment around me, attracting an entire healthy ecosystem of birds, animals and beneficial insects. At the same time, in optimizing the amount of daylight that can access me I use less electric lighting energy.

On a daily basis I juggle energy efficiency and occupant comfort. I can prevent cancer, chronicasthma, and chronicobstructive pulmonary disease, acute reactions, such as eye, nose and throat irritation…I do this by ensuringmy inhabitants breathe fresh, clean, natural air, and have reduced exposure to harmful pollutants from off-gassing of materials, paints, adhesives, furniture, and insulation. I encourage occupants to take public transport and/or ride bikes to work by providing them with appropriate bicycle facilities. During my creation, I also protected my creators by ensuring their exposure to harmful pollutants was minimized through air filtration, minimization of dust creation and by selecting parts of my composition that would not harm them. 

Who am I? What am I?.....I’m a green building. 




No comments:

Post a Comment